- "A divided mind is an unfocused mind. A divided mind fractures walls and weakens stone. Many divided minds may destroy a city"
- ― Dak'kon (Planescape: Torment)
- "Utsuro. Yoshida Shouyo. I’m both of those and neither at the same time. One that has lived within this body for so long, I’ve forgotten my very name. No, maybe I never had a name to begin with. I was only showered with endless insults and hostility. And the only name I remember is… Devil."
- ― Utsuro (Gintama)
The power to contain multiple sentient personalities within their mind. Not to be confused with Gestalt Mind.
- Adaptive Personality
- Alter Ego
- Alternate Ego/Personality
- Dissociative Identity/Split Personality Disorder
- Double Life/Personality
- Dual Mind
- Multiple Egos/Mind/Personalities/Personality Disorder/Souls
- Split Personality Manifestation
The user is subjected to these personalities, which can be evoked at variable times. Some personas may be passive or aggressive, some may have different powers.
The separate identity inhabiting the user's hosting body is attributed as a specific symbiote. In most cases, this identity can exist for an extended period in which the user may have no prior knowledge of the identity's existence.
It is apparent that while these personas all look out for the original, a factor may present to have intents of over-writing and taking over as the original identity.
- Multiple personae may each have special talents.
- May have different superpowers.
- Split Personality Combat
- Consciousness Shattering
- Gestalt Form
- Gestalt Mind
- Hive Mind
- Inner Beast
- Mind Hive
- Having both a good and an evil side can result in the user being unreliable to everyone.
- Personas may be removed by Mental Release.
- Clear Mind may restore the original mentality, curing the mental disorder.
- Other personality may take over the entire body permanently.
- Might be hard to control.
- User may not remember the other personality having taken over.
- Personas may battle for control of the body.
- Personas may take over when there's a certain event or if the user is under extreme stress or emotion.
- If the user is unconscious or asleep, the personas may show up to claim their body.
See Also: Split Personality.
- Edo Soldier (TF2 Freak)